My Blog List

Sunday, December 20, 2015

On My A-Game and Feeling GREAT!

Weekly Update:  Last week I opted not to 'look' at my weight.  I am trying out having less of a focus on my weight and seeing how it goes.  If you know me, you know I am a firm believer in weighing no more than once a week, but now I'm working on maybe spacing it out even more.  This week I am down 4.2lbs for a total of 76lbs down! 

This week I feel amazing!  Truly amazing.  I recommitted 100% to my nutrition with the start of a new program.   I want to see exactly what this program can do for me and I know with inconsistent nutrition choices, I'll be short changing myself.  My current program is 60 days, knowing we have a holiday in between I have decided that if I want, I will allow for a day 'off' on Christmas, but honestly I am not sure I'll even want that since I am feeling so well eating well!

I wanted to start to days blog with our family's holiday card.  If you are reading this, you are a part of my life, and I wanted to wish you a very happy holiday season regardless of what you are celebrating.  



I know I've shared this a lot, but a friend recently shared something in my private group about 10 habits of extremely healthy people and I realized I do all of them!  At first I thought I didn't but then I realized that I do (the journaling was the one part I didn't realize I did, but through my private group and this blog, I am thinking I actually do!).  So here is the list:

๐Ÿ”ถ Set a Schedule and Stick to It - Regardless of if I'm working out, I'm always up by 6am!
๐Ÿ”ถ Wake Up as Early as 6am - Check! I'm actually up at 5:30am, I find I'm more clear when I get up early
๐Ÿ”ถ Drink a Lot of Water - If you know me at all, you know I am BIG on water! 100oz a day
๐Ÿ”ถ Exercise Before the Day Starts - I start every day with my workout program!
๐Ÿ”ถ They Eat a Hearty Balanced Breakfast - Yes! I always start my day with Shakeology and a Banana
๐Ÿ”ถ They Meditate - After my 5:30am workout!
๐Ÿ”ถ They Journal - Yep, via my blog and private group!
๐Ÿ”ถ They Read - This is a habit I actually just picked back up again, 30 minutes a day
๐Ÿ”ถ They Listen to Music - Music really gets me going - many of my classes I teach to music too
๐Ÿ”ถ They Tell Someone 'I Love You' - Of course!! I actually think I say this about 5,000 times a day





So in terms of the list - here is the book I started (and finished!) this week. I'm a slow reader, so for years avoided it, but I am finding the more I read the faster I get (just like anything else, it gets easier!).   I actually read this in 4 'chunks' - I would set an alarm and promise myself I wouldn't do anything but read during that chunk of time.  Now I'm off to read my next book!




Here is a fun photo from this week!   I had the pleasure of having a good friend and buddy in this whole journey sleep over.   Katie and I started the 21 Day Fix at the same time last year together, I am technically her coach, but she has taught me so much along the way as well.  Together we have lost 140 pounds in the last 15 months - and continue to be strong role models for our little ones (which is how we met to begin with!).


Food news!!  There is a cauliflower drought, and usually I make cauliflower crust but decided to get a little creative this weekend for our 'pizza party sleepover' (Katie's family slept over and we did pizza night).  I have to say I LOVE what I came up with!


๐Ÿ”ธ 1 butternut squash steamed and mashed
๐Ÿ”ธ Mix with 2 eggs and about 1/2 cup of almond flour (or any flour of your choice, almond flour I prefer because it's literally just almonds)

๐Ÿ”ธ Add in sage, I used chopped fresh safe from my garden
๐Ÿ”ธ Put on foil or parchment paper (sprayed), and make a circle about 1/4 inch thick, bake at 400 about 20 minutes until it feels solid to touch
๐Ÿ”ธ Top (I used ricotta and the veggies sautรฉed in olive oil and honey)
๐Ÿ”ธ Bake again about 10 min
๐Ÿ”ธ DEVOUR!




Here is the finished product! I can't stress enough how great this was, even my husband ate it!  It as fluffy like actual crust.


Another favorite from the weekend was these egg cups - SO easy! Blended eggs with veggies and then baked, seriously so easy.




And of course - my favorite treat these days!  Shakeology mixed with coconut oil and then chilled.   I can't stress enough how great these taste.




If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/


If you'd like to work with me as your coach, create a free account:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki

Mommy & Me Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment