My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Tango


Weekly Update:  This week I am up 2lbs for a total of 73.2lbs.  I continue to tango around the 75lb mark,  but I know I'll get back there and surpass it.  While I've been struggling the last few weeks I will not let it define me or my journey, I will keep picking myself up and I will continue to be successful.  I'm not mad or frustrated because I know this is all part of the journey.  In the past this would have derailed me - but not anymore! 


With bathingsuit season here, I can't help but get excited at how AWESOME I feel strutting my stuff in a swimsuit.   Honestly, I may be joking a little, but I really have zero reservations going swimming in public places this summer and it feels great.

If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/ 

If you know me, you know I LOVE food.  So here is my 'food news' for the week!

Starting off with my absolute favorite, BANANAS. I got this shirt at a live workout event with celebrity trainer Shaun T, and I love wearing it because I love bananas.  


This is an example of what my grocery cart looks like every single week.  Yep, that's right - four bunches of bananas.   We go through them like candy in this house.   You can eat them whole, put them in a shake, dehydrate them, freeze them and then make 'ice cream', turn them into pancakes just by adding an egg...and the list goes on!

Bananas are great for you headaches, cramps, relieving water retention and so much more.


That being said, I love this time of year because it's finally CSA season again!  Here is our 'loot' from week 1.   I love this particular one because we get fresh eggs too (and the only thing I consume as much as bananas is eggs!).


We got kale in our CSA, and I know kale is great for you but I always struggle with what to make of it so I polled some friends and ended up making kale pesto.  Genius idea and it was amazing. I blended up 2 cloves of garlic, 2 juiced lemons, some olive oil and pine nuts as well as the bunch of kale we got in our bag.   It made so much and was so delicious.


This is the finished product - kale pesto topped over zoodles (zucchini noodles using my veggetti spiralizer), sun dried tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, corn, fresh parm and a veggie burger.  Delish and totally 21 Day Fix approved.


Another favorite protein and veggie packed meal is my 'cauliflower pizza'.  The dough is made of cauliflower that was put in the food processor, microwaved and then drained using a cheese cloth.   Then I mix it with some eggs and bake it - topping it with all the veggies I want and some cheese!


My final food photo of the day - dehydrated yummies.  Shown below are zucchini, watermelon, figs and bananas.



More about me or to order any products:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki

Business Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/


Contact: fitandbalancedmom@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment