My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Monday, February 9, 2015

The Big 5-0

Weekly Update:  I did it!! This week wasn't perfect (I ate three cupcakes on Super Bowl Sunday), but the key for me was getting back on track, keeping up with my workouts and not letting those three cupcakes define me.  I was down 2.6lbs this week for a total of 51.8lbs - well past my 50lb goal for February.  I am so proud and excited :)

If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/ 



I found this quote earlier in the week and I love it.  It's so true.  We all have a 'tipping point' that gets us started in new journeys. Whether it be job related, relationship related, fitness or weight related, we have a tipping point that motivates us to make a change.  That being said, motivation will only take us so far.   We need to form those habits that will keep us going and successful in the long term.   For those of you who have been reading my blog, you know that my motivation came from not being able to waterski this summer (a sport I've enjoyed for over 20 years) due to my body physically getting in my own way.  That was my tipping point to make a change.  On a whim, and with a LOT of deliberation, I purchased a program called the 21 Day Fix.  That program has changed my life and really created some great habits.  I can't say that my days are always perfect, but the first 21 days of the program I committed at 100% and those 21 days really did create some lasting habits.  

I encourage you, once you hit your tipping point to work on creating habits.  The first week or two, I really wasn't in the habit.  It was hard, and there were days I didn't want to do it - but I had made a commitment to myself to stay engaged for at least 21 Days.  In those 21 Days, my whole life changed and I can't imagine where I'd be had I not committed to at least trying to form a few new habits.



This week, I watched as my 17 month old son deliberately went up and down the stairs, up and down. up and down. up and down.  He was not afraid of failure, but instead did it over and over and over until he figured it out.  He took one step at a time.  If he looked down the staircase with the intent of taking the WHOLE thing in his first attempt, what would have happened?  He probably would have fallen, gotten hurt, and gotten discouraged.   But instead, with deep motivation he tried slowly and taking each step as it's own hurdle.   

My journey has been so similar to this.  In looking at my 100 pound weight loss, I have and continue to break it down into small steps.   I enjoy the journey and I don't always do all the steps perfectly, but the more I practice and the more I try the better at it I get.


Here is my workout selfie of the week, my son wouldn't nap and I had dinner plans so my two time choices for workouts were wiped out - instead I decided to take the workout to his bedroom. It was actually pretty fun!  Except that he insisted on sitting on my back for every single set of push ups. I love my mini DVD player - it may be tiny, but it sure is effective!




These two photos were taken one year apart on Super Bowl Sunday.   It's hard to completely tell the transformation as I'm wearing my son (and he's a lot bigger in the second photo), but I have to say the 5K walk was a LOT easier this year.


Last week I talked about my new beginning.  Well this week marked the first 'full' week as a full time mommy and fitness professional.   Between teaching my Mommy & Me Pilates classes and my Coaching Business (see links below for more information or comment with questions), I was finally able to leave my corporate job of 10 years.  It's a weird and scary feeling but also extremely empowering.  


Here we are on our way to work together. How cool is that? My son gets to come to work with me!  





More about me or to order any products:  
http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki

Business Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment