My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

21 Days: 100% Commitment

Weekly Update:  This week I am down -4.4lbs for a total of 46.4lbs.  I completed a 3 Day Shakeology cleanse, and I have to say I feel absolutely amazing.  I have so much energy, and I've been sleeping so well!   And for the first time in 7 months I'm actually feeling like I am seeing some noticeable changes.  Since I started Max 30 Last week, it may be a combination of Max 30 and the Cleanse, but I feel ready to CONQUER 2015!

Here are my original photos at 236.6lbs and then ones taken today.  I share these to inspire others who are looking at the big picture - take a step back and look ONE day at a time and learn to love yourself along heh journey.

These represent 7/11/14 - 1/8/15.

If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/ 


With the New Year, so many people make 'resolutions' which often get forgotten after a few weeks.   What I've learned over the past 6 months is that accountability is a huge piece of the success equation.  I love this quote and it's so important to write those goals down, and ideally to tell others about them.    Please don't hesitate to write your goals in the comments of this blog - it really does help to get them down on paper.  




I posted my long and short term goals in the last blog post, but wanted to post some even shorter term goals in this post.  While my eating hasn't been terrible the past few weeks of the holidays, it's been a little bit of a roller coaster with some good days and some really off track days.  I've essentially kept  my weight consistent which I consider to be a success, but I missed my "January 1st" goal of being a total of 50lbs down.

I am hitting the reset button as of this Monday, doing the 3 Day Cleanse (feel free to ask me the details!) and committing 100% to the 21 Day Fix starting Thursday.  The Fix has been the program that has kept me losing weight consistently since July.   In July, I followed the full 21 Day Program and lost 11.5lbs and it taught me so much about balanced and 'clean' eating.  Since July, I've followed the program 75-80% of the time, and I work out at least 20 minutes 6 days a week.   Not hitting my 50lb goal was a reminder that I maybe have been slacking a little more the past few weeks and I decided I will dedicate myself to the plan (see photos below of some of my prepped food!) and get that jump start in my weight loss.  

I love this photo, as it's all about finding that balance in your life.  I feel like I'm finally discovering what I need to do to remain balanced in my health, fitness, personal and work lives.




For me, part of that balance has come with sharing my story.  As you read my blogs, and see the photos that I've posted, you will see that I've really put myself out there.  If my story can help just one person then it was all worth it. Everyone has a different story, and in embracing my story over these past few months, I've been able to gain traction with my physical and emotional health.




As promised, here are those photos - this is some of my meal prep for my 3 Day Cleanse as well as my three day difference.  In the 3 days I lost 3.3lbs but more importantly notice huge changes in my body as well as how I feel.  This is Monday morning vs Thursday!



One thing I love about this cleanse is that I get to eat red peppers and red pepper hummus as my mid-afternoon snack! Something I never think to do usually, but it's tasty and refreshing.

For me, planning is key.  So you see here I have three 'sets' of everything which will get me through the three full days.  This is just some of the food I had, don't get worried!


Here is another thing I made for my cleanse - a cucumber dill salad.  I seriously love this salad so much that I plan to make it for my next social event.



The dressing is super tasty too - herbs, lemon, extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar and apple cider vinegar.




For later in the week I prepped some Fix-friendly burritos complete with tofu (since I don't eat chicken), multi color peppers, onions, fajita seasoning and a dash of cheese.  I wrapped them in Joseph's wraps - my absolute favorite wraps as they are low calorie, high fiber and don't fall apart when you roll them up!



I also took some time to raid my fridge for ingredients to make a veggie, pasta, ricotta bake.  I love that on the Fix ricotta counts as a protein.  I've learned that I struggle a lot with protein and healthy fats, so the Fix has given me creative ways to get those in.  Here are all the ingredients I used - eggplant, tomato, onion, green pepper, EVOO, shells, mozzarella, ricotta & Italian herbs.



Below is a collage of the prep steps.  I cut up all the veggies, cooked the pasta - then sauteed the veggies in the olive oil and mixed everything together. Before putting in a pan and topping with the two cheeses.  Needless to say, this dish was absolutely amazing. 

What I love about the Fix is that it's really simple eating, and it inspires me to cook which is something I love and it energizes me to have all these good options ready to go in the fridge. When I cook, I will portion everything out so all I have to do is literally just grab and go - being hungry with 'no options' is never an excuse!


More about me or to order any products:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki

Business Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment